One of the foundations of your house that is important to be cared for is the wall. The corners of the walls that meet each other will become a single unit to form a strong foundation if you use superior building materials. Not only the inner walls of the building, but you also have to pay attention to the outer walls. One of the most important materials for exterior wall treatment is exterior wall putty.
The outer wall is the face of the entire contents of your building. You need to take care of it in such a way that the outer walls of your house are maintained clean and tidy. However, people will easily judge you from the exterior of your building first.
Treat the Exterior Wall Like You Treat Your Car Body
The exterior wall of your building is like the body of a car. When your car passes in front of other people, then he will recognize who owns the car. A qualified car putty coupled with paint based on your character will make you easily recognizable, just like your exterior wall.
You must have chosen the paint that best suits your character. But you also need to put putty on the outer walls of your building to prevent things that are not desirable. However, the outer walls must have a much stronger resistance than the inner walls of the building. The use of exterior wall putty will help you in preserving the outer walls of the building for whatever it is. This is a kind of treatment that you do at the beginning of the coating for repeated treatments in the future. Once you do this treatment at the beginning, then you will be facilitated in the matter of outer wall maintenance in the future.
Why is it Necessary to Use Exterior Wall Putty?
Exterior wall putty should be on the list of materials you buy. It’s too easy to put it in and apply later. This outer wall covering doesn’t just cover the walls to make it more aesthetic. There are other purposes that you can enjoy from its application.
- It can cover the original color of the outer wall. You may have an outer wall that is full of mold, peeling paint that is difficult to clean, and after the cleaning process, there are traces of old wallcovering. With wall putty, you can cover the original shabby and bad color of your exterior wall before painting it completely with a fresher cool color you expect the most.
- A flatter surface is the dream of all building owners who renovate their walls. Sometimes the exterior walls have layering, peeling paint, and cracks. Exterior wall putty can cover gaps or pores. With proper application, you will have a brand new exterior wall in just a few hours.
- Your workers will enjoy using this wall covering because the painting process will be easier. Why is it easier? It’s all because the surface is already flat after a few hours, coated by exterior wall putty.
- This putty will make the painting more even. Your workers won’t be putting off work anymore because they explore an uneven surface until they finally tire of finding a solution.
- Paint colors become more even with lighter colors.
- With faster processing, the paint that is brushed on will last longer than if you didn’t use exterior wall putty.
You should at least pay attention to a few things below before the application of external wall putty.
- If you don’t have enough experience in making your exterior wall putty, you should buy it directly at the factory that produces it. Although this wall putty is easy to make yourself, we strongly recommend that you do it carefully.
- Clean the exterior wall thoroughly before you apply this.
- For a neater and more even result, you should apply the exterior wall putty from top to bottom orderly. Let the putty dry before you apply the paint and other materials needed. Some manufacturers create exterior wall putty that doesn’t take long to dry. This greatly facilitates the renovation of your building.