If you were asked, which body part is sensitive enough to feel the vibe of a place when you first come. What would you choose? It must be the eyes. Eyes that looked around to know what was in the place. Clear eyes will be able to see freely and the brain begins to be able to assess everything that is there. Then, you will step into the interior of the place with steady feet on the ground. Your feet will immediately recognize how the surface layer of the floor is.
A smooth surface will not hinder your steps to explore that place. What if your eyes have problems? And what if the surface of the floor you are on makes you fall over because there is an uneven mound of mortar mix? All these problems can only be covered by an HPMC emulsifier. This chemical compound can be additive material that can be added to mortar or eye drops.
Many pharmaceutical and building materials companies use HPMC emulsifiers to get the texture and clarity of their products.
Product Clarity Due to HPMC
You may have found a beauty product or medicine with a color clarity level that attracts you. It is the work of HPMC or what is also called hypromellose. HPMC is a semi-synthetic polymer that functions as a gelling agent, thickener, and product purifier.
Transparent film that is elastic and easy to peel off in peel-off mask products using an HPMC emulsifier along with other materials. If you don’t use HPMC, you can imagine how your skin can receive the beneficial essence of the product. It will be hard and difficult to absorb the product then.
The eye drop products also use HPMC to lubricate the eye. Some cases of irritation or dry eyes occur due to decreased tear production. Eye glands that should produce tears in sufficient quantities can stop working due to vitamin A deficiency, advanced age, and a history of certain diseases such as diabetes in sufferers.
HPMC Emulsifier as a Substitute for Animal Gelatin
The body requires a variety of intakes. Sometimes you want savory food when you are under pressure at work. You may imagine smoked beef with an appetizing sauce and asparagus. Other times, when you feel lonely you may crave sweet foods with gelatin wrap that is chewy even though it’s thin. Anyway, you feel comfortable when chewing it.
HPMC emulsifiers can improve the taste of various types of food. Whatever you consume will become tastier and more enjoyable. Even when you have a poor appetite. Those of you who have an animal gelatin allergy can rely on an HPMC emulsifier. HPMC can replace animal gelatin in desserts.
Meanwhile, when you are on a fairly strict diet but want oily food occasionally can also take advantage of this cellulose which can form gelation when it comes in contact with hot oil. This protective layer or gelation will control the absorption of fat in your food.
One Percent Precious Mortar
Home or office construction projects will always require mortar as an adhesive and balancing building structure. Nortar has an HPMC emulsifier content where the level is very low when mixed.
With only about one percent, can increase the work efficiency of construction workers, make it easier for them to mix and use materials, form a smoother surface, and increase the bond strength among materials.
The product that is often used is dry mix mortar. Among the benefits of using dry mix mortar with an HPMC emulsifier are:
- When applying mortar to heavy tiles, you can easily avoid the formation of lumps because the mortar dries easily due to the solubility of cold water.
- Formulating is more economical because the water level increases. It can increase the opening time and expand the spry area.
- The mortar can retain water well.
Dissolve the HPMC Emulsifier
How dissolve the HPMC emulsifier can be through the hot soluble type and the instant type. HPMC clumping usually occurs in cold water because the outer cellulose powder meets cold water and it will immediately produce viscosity, thickening into a transparent colloid. The cellulose in it is also not in contact with water and is only surrounded by colloid which is powdery but dissolves slowly.
For instant HPMC products, it disperses very quickly in cold water and disappears into the water because the liquid then has no viscosity. HPMC is only dispersed in water and there is no apparent dissolution. It only takes about 2 minutes, and the viscosity of the liquid gradually increases to form a transparent viscous colloid.
Meanwhile, for HPMC heat-soluble emulsifier, it does not coagulate in cold water, but in hot water. HPMC also spreads quickly, dissipates in hot water immediately, until the temperature drops to a certain temperature, and the viscosity slowly appears to form a transparent viscous colloid.
The hot soluble type dissolution method may follow the following steps:
- Add hot water at 850C to the container. Then you can put the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose gradually with slow stirring. After that, the HPMC will float on the surface of the water. HPMC emulsifier will gradually form a slurry. The slurry can be cooled by stirring.
- The second method is called powder mixing. This method is usually used by companies that produce putty powder and mortar. Put the HPMC powder in a container along with a large number of other starches. Then, mix well with a blender. The next step you can add water to dissolve it. The powder will dissolve immediately upon contact with water.
- Dissolution with organic solvents. HPMC will be wetted with organic solvents such as oil, ethanol, and ethylene glycol. Then the HPMC emulsifier will be dissolved in water so that the HPMC can dissolve easily.