Currently, we are faced with a variety of choices, including the choice of materials we use for our buildings. This is of course very reasonable because manufacturers of building materials manufacturers are also working hard to create products that are much more efficient. In practice, many materials that used to be idols have been replaced with new models with many excellent features.
We can take an example, the use of tiles that have been shifted to other products with lighter specifications but are strong and durable. Another example is the use of glue or cement mortar for wall putty. Slowly but surely the usage is shifted by HPMC for wall putty. So what exactly are the roles and benefits? Below we have summed up the information.
More about the Roles of HPMC for Wall Putty
Construction is one of the fastest-growing fields. Not only the technique but also the materials used. Now it is simpler but has extraordinary resilience when compared to the previous trend. When it comes to materials, one thing that should not be overlooked is cellulose. Yap, this material is a mandatory part of the current construction. One of the cellulose kinds, HPMC, turns out to have many benefits, including putty for the walls of houses or other buildings. Below are the specific roles of HPMC for wall putty. Let’s check it!
- Hold the function as the thickener. In any construction, the way of keeping uniformity and consistency are the two important things. Here we need HPMC for helping the stability of the solution as well as for anti-sagging functions.
- Retention water level. Some of us may be unfamiliar with this term and the connection between water retention and cellulose. Water retention occurs when excess fluid builds up. It works effectively to make the putty dry. As a result, it is really helpful and time-saving. That’s why choosing a product with a good water retention state is also vital.
- In the case of construction, it works as a lubricant. We will get a good effect. HPMC for wall putty is very helpful. We can leave the existence of cement mortar and glue.
So, can we apply it to the exterior wall? The answer is yes. This is not limited only to interior use but also external use. By preparing HPMC and water, we can freely decorate our exterior wall.
The Benefit of the Usages
The roles certainly bring many advantages for us mainly, if we want to construct or build new houses or any buildings. HPMC for wall putty with excellent features gives us some benefits such as:
- Minimize the cracking. Since the new building or the old one will face weather changes or other circumstances. Here good HPMC will be helpful toward our building.
- It is valuable to apply not only for the new wall but also for the old wall. This is applicable to interior and exterior walls. We sometimes got confused about the state of our wall. To avoid the worst effect mainly after years founded, choosing the best cellulose is worth considering.
- Better adhesiveness. This is also an important consideration. We certainly need a product with this benefit, having durability as well.
- Help reduce paint consumption, effective, and affordable. These three factors surely are the main priority for choosing the building material. How lucky we are since HPMC has those benefits.
When is the Best Time to Apply HPMC for Wall Putty?
Applying HPMC for wall putty can indeed be done at any time when the workers are ready and the raw materials are available. You also have HPMC, the white powder, odorless, non-toxic, and easily soluble in normal water to form a transparent viscous solution in your wall putty.
Wall putty is also a necessity because it has the properties of thickening, bonding, even distribution, anti-sagging, resistance to cracking, high water retention, good alignment, and ease of applying HPMC for wall putty will increase when you follow the best seasonal paths.
Lower viscosity than HPMC in winter proves to be better in construction work. Although the workers have to cover their bodies with layers of clothing, the application of wall putty is great in this season. Especially when you want to coat the outer wall.
Don’t forget to keep using a primer as an initial coating before putty and finish with primer again. No matter what acrylic putty or white cement putty you use, this primer will make the end result perfect. If you use an acrylic wall putty, you will be very happy in the bitter cold of winter. Acrylic putty only takes 30 minutes to dry. It takes much faster time than cement wall putty.
White cement putty takes about 6 to 7 hours to dry. While you still have to work with primer and paint the siding color as a final touch. So, it is up to you whether you want to use acrylic or white cement putty.
Having good results from the use of HPMC is certainly the hope of the people. However, it may become hard things for us especially if we stand with the limitation of the related knowledge. Luckily, it has been easy for us to enrich our brains by going searching for the info.
This includes the application of HPMC itself. It’s better for you to always search the outer or inner wall putty with the HPMC content inside. You can buy it from a manufacturer that always produces cellulose or polymer like HPMC.
Shortly, there are several functions of HPMC besides wall putty. We can apply it based on our needs. For example, when we install the till we use it as the adhesive. We use it in plastering mortar. Widely, some daily activities are supported using this cellulose ether. It is considered easy to find in glue, detergent, paint coating, and more although we may be not fully conscious.