Vanilla is one type of plant that has a fragrant and sweet aroma, and the vanilla plant has the Latin name Vanilia planifola with a powder-producing fruit shaped like peas. Not only vanilla, but it is also said that many people call it by the name vanilla or perneli.
Vanilla has an aroma that can be used as an appetite enhancer; the aroma of vanilla is also used as a sedative that is mixed into the essential oil (aromatherapy oil). There is a fact from several studies that state that by consuming vanilla regularly, you can overcome and avoid major depression.
Vanilla beans are grown where an area has a tropical climate, and it needs a stand as a place to spread. The standing can be made from bamboo tied to one tree with another tree. Single support propagation system, vanilla plants are propagated straight up in the shade. Nutrient content in vanilla is high, including fiber, minerals, and vitamins A, B, and E. Also, vanilla extract’s nutrients consist of calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium.
There are some things that you need to know before choosing the seed if you are going to plant the vanilla. So here are some ways to make your vanilla plants grow better:
Since vanilla beans are grown where the area has a tropical climate, so it is very suitable if you live in an area that has a tropical climate; its preparation of planting land is easy to do. You do not need to prepare a greenhouse or a special room. However, there are things you need to consider in the selection and preparation of the planting land:
- Vanilla plants require warm temperatures to maintain the growth process, so you need to choose the location of the planting area with temperatures between 18’C to 23’C.
- The planting land has enough lighting but is not too hot.
- Make sure if you want to plant vanilla in your yard, pay attention to the moisture and texture of the soil.
- Good soil for vanilla growth is a rather moist soil with a loose texture.
- Before planting, if the soil in your yard is not loose or dry, do it to lose and fertilize and water it with a little water so that the texture and humidity are just perfect to plant
- For fertilizing, use manure or compost to be environmentally friendly and not change the texture of the soil.
- If the place is too hot, you can plant several types of plants that can grow tall so that the air around it becomes cooler.
However, using vanilla beans directly is not only difficult, but it will also take longer. So you should choose the vanilla seedlings in the form of cuttings. Here are the steps in choosing quality vanilla seeds:
- Pay attention to the cuttings that you have bought and make sure the cuttings are not deformed or damaged at all.
- Also, make sure that the cuttings you choose are having the best quality and are suitable for planting cuttings because vanilla beans are grown where an area has a tropical climate, so the vanilla cuttings should have a length of about 30 to 40 cm.
- You can also get cuttings from vanilla plants directly if your neighbors or relatives have vanilla plants.
- Cuttings taken directly from the tree must be old stems the size of the ‘parent’ tree that has reached a height of approximately two to three meters or more.
Where to Buy Vanilla Beans Online?
It is clearly stated that vanilla beans are grown where a place has a tropical climate, but no need to worry; if you still want good quality vanilla, you can order through us. The most reason why it is a perfect place to get vanilla is that they take the vanilla from the farmer directly that grows their vanilla in Indonesia-one of the countries that has a tropical climate. Another advantage that you will get if you order the vanilla through them is that they will give back your money 100% if you receive bad quality vanilla. They have been experiencing vanilla since 1986, so they are surely an expert on it.
So, what are you waiting for? There are a lot of advantages that vanilla has, and it will also give you health benefits in your life and your body.